The organizer of the Warsaw Book Fair is the company Targi Książki – an innovative joint enterprise of publishers and Murator EXPO, based on professional and effective cooperation of the publishing market and the exhibition industry. The company Targi Książki was established on 9 March 2010.
The founders of Targi Książki
- Wydawnictwo BELLONA
- Wydawnictwo BOSZ
- Agencja Edytorska EZOP
- Wydawnictwo Jeden Świat
- Firma Księgarska Olesiejuk
- Wydawnictwo Poligraf
- Oficyna Wydawnicza RYTM
- Wydawnictwo Salezjańskie
- Wydawnictwo Sonia Draga
- Towarzystwo Autorów i Wydawców Prac Naukowych Universitas
- Wydawnictwo ZYSK i S-ka
- And the representative of the exhibition industry – Murator EXPO sp. z o.o.
Supervisory Board of Targi Książki
- Chairman: Zbigniew Czerwiński (President of the Association of Historical Book Publishers)
- Deputy Chairman: Andrzej Janicki (President of the Management Board of Drukarnia Wydawnicza im. W. L. Anczyca S.A.)
- Secretary of the Board: ks. Roman Szpakowski (President of the Catholic Publishers Association)
- Member of the Board: Zbigniew Benbenek (Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Murator EXPO sp. z o.o.)
- Member of the Board: Jacek Olesiejuk (Vice President of the Management Board and Co-owner of Firma Księgarska Olesiejuk)
Management Board of Targi Książki
- President of the Management Board: Rafał Skąpski (President of the Polish Association of Book Publishers)
- Vice-President of the Management Board: Jacek Oryl (President of the Management Board of Murator EXPO sp. z o.o.)
- Member the Management Board: Sonia Draga (President of the Management Board, Editor in Chief of Sonia Draga Publishing House)
Director of the Warsaw Book Fair: Jacek Oryl
Murator EXPO sp. z o.o.
Murator EXPO is one of the leading exhibition companies in Poland, both in terms of the number of exhibitors and visitors. In 2015, Murator EXPO organized 15 fair events and 2 open-air literary events, with almost 220,000 visitors and over 2 200 exhibitors. Our offer includes events in the following fields:
- publishing sector (Warsaw Book Fair, Academic and Science Book Fair ACADEMIA, Seaside Readership Festival in Gdynia, Literary Park in Szczecin, Silesian Book Fair in Katowice)
- water sports and recreation sector (WIND and WATER Warsaw International Boat Show, Water Sports Fair and Sailing Festival WIND and WATER in Gdynia)
- real estate market (New HOUSE New APARTMENT Housing Fair in Warsaw, Gdańsk, Gdynia and in Wrocław)
Each fair has its rich and varied programme and is accompanied by: lectures, free professional consultations, seminars, debates and meetings, discussions, workshops and shows.
Furthermore, Murator EXPO is the publisher and administrator of the website me-mieszkania.pl addressed to people looking for flats, apartments and houses. Murator EXPO also runs waspar.pl, which presents the offer of the water sports and water recreation industry.
The company is part of the Grupa ZPR Media capital group - one of the fastest growing media groups in Poland. It is now one of the largest publishers of press, radio and television broadcasters and websites' owners, also active in organizing events, concerts and fairs.